Monday, June 20, 2011

God Can Do the Impossible

God can do the impossible.

A woman cries over the only son she ever had, lost at the hands of a ruthless murderer. 17 Years later, she has ... well, watch this.



God can help you forgive. God can do the impossible. What you seem to think is irredeemable, unlovable, immoral, and irreconcilable, is not. Instead, it is redeemable, lovable, justifiable, and certainly reconcilable. The body and blood of Jesus is the answer. His death makes all things possible. His resurrection makes us a promise.

Instead of focusing on what I have lost from my disability, I choose to focus on what I am able to do with what He's given me today. It may not be running all over the mountains, jeeping with people and telling them about the love of God. Would I rather be doing that? Sure, but that's not His purpose for me, at least not today. Today, it's sitting in this chair and sharing a story I happened across by "chance."

"It is no secret what God can do," goes the old song. Indeed, God can do the impossible.

No comments: