Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weird Things About Me

Weird things about me, and trust me, this is just the surface:
  • I grew up in the "gifted and talented" programs, so I have a lot of cultural and creative stuff in my head that frequently boggles my wife.
  • Related, I once took a "sample" Mensa test and they said I should test because I could very possibly make the cut. I figure Mensa is just a label and testing to get into a club won't change who I am, and, from the dues, I don't see that there's much of a benefit.
  • I rode the last trip of the last privately owned long-haul passenger train, the Rio Grande Zephyr, over 25 years ago when I was 10 (yes, I'm 35 now).
  • I love the Colorado high country and I wish I was an expert on alpine wildflowers so I could actually name the beauty I'm looking at.
  • Related again, nothing tastes better to me than Rocky Mountain glacier water at the source after a few hours of jeeping.
  • I think my minivan is cool, but I desperately want to tint the windows darker.
  • I think I do accents reasonably well and deep down I wonder if I should have kept after an acting career.
  • I love flannel shirts, sweats and being comfortable, no matter the occasion.
  • I grew up in the 80s and I think today's fashions are the ugliest I have seen in my existence. On a side note, ladies, pink and brown do not go together! I'm a guy and even I know that doesn't work. I think we will wise up eventually and leave the hip huggers, flat hair and ugly sunglasses behind and someday wonder how we ever got along without hairspray, mousse, and pants that actually have a seat and a waistband.
  • I miss being able to camp without having to worry about bear protocols and about whether we were allowed to camp in that specific area of the forest.
  • I love rollercoasters and miss riding them because of my disability. Now I have to settle for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. It's not the same.
  • I have seasonal allergies. I ignore them, if I can, but I usually can't.
  • We always seem to have two cats in my family. I'm also allergic to cat dander, so we have manx cats now.
  • I have another friend with a spine injury and we're pretty close.
I'd keep going, but I'm going to rest now. Thanks for popping by.

No comments: