Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He Knows Your Heart

Last night, I was up late again. I didn't know why I couldn't get to the sleepy point where I knew I was ready for bed. I'd had a medical appointment yesterday and the news wasn't entirely positive. Add to it the news that our house payment will be going up next month. I watched the hours tick away. Two o'clock ticked by, three o'clock, then four... Finally, at five, I asked out of frustration, "What is it?!"

"Steve," I felt the Holy Spirit say, "you're not trusting me!"

"Oh."

"Go and lie down. Leave the rest to me."

I did, and I fell asleep as God brought scriptures and promises to my mind.

Aaron gets it. We may fool others. We may fool ourselves, but we don't fool God. God knows our hearts much better than we do.

1 comment:

Robert M. Lindsey said...

My wife went through several months of constant pain this last year. It was a very trying time for us. Thankfully, she is better, but God took us to the very limits (and beyond) of our faith. I know it's not easy to trust when you're in the middle of the maelstrom.