Monday, October 12, 2009

Fibromyalgia Patients Have Significant Neurological Symptoms

I have long known, even before I was diagnosed, that Fibromyalgia Syndrome is not all in my head. The media has announced that yet another study confirms this. It's interesting to me that the poor balance, motor problems and tingling sensations so strongly and clearly showed up in this survey.

Every day, I have tingling and weakness somewhere, usually in my legs. It's scary when I go to take a step and my legs don't respond. I feel like a tree being felled because my balance already shifts but my feet remain planted. Once I yelled, "Timber!" right before I caught myself! I haven't fallen very far in a couple of years, thankfully. When I'm that bad, I can use my power chair to handle the difficulties and keep me safe. I used to stay in bed to limit my fall risk. That's no way to live!

I pray that God gives humanity new wisdom in the next few years on this chronic illness. Neurology is only now getting the fact that Fibromyalgia is real. They need all the help they can get!

No comments: