Monday, February 19, 2007

My Daddy Prays For Me

A computer snafu--at least that's the technical term for it--has required me to go through all of my files and rescue what is worth saving. We're talking files from 10 years ago! Among those files, I came across a poem that a friend sent to me. I searched the web and didn't turn up an author. If anyone knows, please let me know.

My Daddy Prays for Me

When Daddy prays the house gets still
His voice is slow and deep
We shut our eyes, the clock ticks loud
So quiet we must keep.

When Daddy prays he doesn't use
The words the preacher does.
He prays for lots of different things,
But mostly it's for us.

His prayers get awful log sometimes
And hard to understand.
So I just wiggle up quite close
And let him hold my hand.

I can't remember all of it;
I'm little yet, you see.
But there's one thing I can't forget:
My daddy prays for me.

Author Unknown

No comments: