Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Cannot, Not Vote For McCain

All the way back in February, I pledged that I would not vote for McCain. I said this because I was angry my own candidate had fallen off in the nomination process. Words spoken in anger are seldom just or right. I learned long ago that the anger of man will not accomplish God's will. Yet I spoke those words and today I publicly retract them. [insert sheepish look here]

I cannot, not vote for McCain. Yes, that's a double-negative, but it's how I've come to my decision. I'm in a "battleground" state. I believe in a lot of what McCain believes. I certainly cannot support Obama. His statements about abortion, education, government, and the military lead me to believe he will weaken our nation and deepen the financial crisis, which seems to come every 20 years, regardless of which party is in office. Like Joe Biden, Obama's running mate, I believe that Obama and his inexperience and naivete will prompt America's enemies to generate a new crisis to test Obama.

I don't want to belabor this and I'm not a huge fan of partisan politics anyway. I will vote for McCain this election. He's a better choice, and that's really what it comes down to for me. Folks, please pray about this election!

No comments: