Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things Bitter Homeschoolers Would Like To Say

These are the things a lot of homeschooling parents would like to tell non-homeschoolers if social conventions and basic human kindness went out the window. Here's #13  (my favorite):
13. Stop assuming that because the word "home" is right there in "homeschool," we never leave the house. We're the ones who go to the amusement parks, museums, and zoos in the middle of the week and in the off-season and laugh at you because you have to go on weekends and holidays when it's crowded and icky.
The rest are pretty good, mostly because they hit close to the mark. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

The Butlers said...

I am loving! #17:

stop saying, "Oh, I could never homeschool!" Even if you think it's some kind of compliment, it sounds more like you're horrified. One of these days, I won't bother disagreeing with you any more.