Monday, June 25, 2007

Random Thoughts

Sorry I haven't been able to write much lately. Here's just a few of the things I've been thinking lately. Call them "mini-posts."
  • My son is into zoology. His favorite channel is of course Animal Planet. In all the time he and I have been watching, I have yet to encounter an animal with the quality of laughter (hyenas don't count, unless they know some inside joke).
  • A kitten is a cat before it learns dignity.
  • Technology is only as useful as the next idea.
  • That being said, I still want a laptop for my birthday. It could help me reach those next ideas.
  • Children will never remember your annual salary. This is both a blessing and a curse.
  • My grandfather's last career was insurance sales. He had trophies lining his shelves. They were up there, collecting dust for years as a shrine to his industry long after he was gone. I would trade the lot of them if I could have had one afternoon with him where I knew I could trust him not to get angry. I bet my father feels similarly.
  • I'm going to hug each of my kids tomorrow.
  • Lightning is cool, but I like the smell of the rain better.
  • I wish my lower back pain wouldn't make me walk funny.
  • If I had a remote beeper for locating the remote control, I'd probably lose that too. No one loses cell phones that easily because you can call them.
  • No one understands that medicine is a developing science, especially no one in pharmaceutical marketing firms.
  • Not bad for 20 minutes.
  • Homeschooling parents who buy curricula in hopes of making up for some perceived deficiency in their teaching skills are like a bunch of balding men buying Ferraris. What you have is who you are inside, not the other way around.
  • If Archie was smart, he'd ditch the snob and marry Betty Cooper. I mean, could it be more simple?
  • Some of these mini-posts are good. Your experience may vary.
  • A good Secretary of Defense would commission a weapon that would disable/destroy car subwoofers.
  • I shouldn't write after midnight.
  • I shouldn't eat after midnight either.
  • Oh well.
  • Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. Steve, sometimes these kinds of posts mean a whole lot more than my long rambling ones could ever mean!! This was a good one!! I loved the comment about curriculum, and I think I would like to highlight that on my front porch column this week, if I have your permission.

Thanks for the great snippets of wisdom,
Nancy

Steve said...

Thanks, Nancy. By all means you have my permission.