Sunday, August 12, 2007

Repentance and Daily Joy

Ten years ago this October, I was part of a national gathering of men on the Mall in Washington DC called Stand In the Gap. As an employee of Promise Keepers, I worked stuffed away in a tent, yet my prayer was that God would hear our cry of repentance and heal our land. The next day, as I was crossing the steps of the Capitol, I believe I received His promise that he would.

There have been other moves for repentance and revival. I believe that when The Call held an event in Nashville on 7/7/07, it was another step in that direction. Watch as a former abortionist repents of her sins.



It is of great comfort to me that we cannot sin so badly that God is not willing to redeem us. His grace increases. If you need God, if you want forgiveness for what you've done, visit this site for more information about how you can receive that forgiveness and have a new, clean and fresh start. All of world history comes down to one man: Jesus Christ. If you don't know Him, you're missing the biggest part of life and your future has no hope. He is the only way, truth and life. Seek Him!

God wants all of us to repent, to seek reconciliation with Him so that we can share in His joy and happiness forever. There is nothing so bad, even killing innocent babies, that He can't forgive once we turn and acknowledge the wrong that we've done. Follow Him!

Know that in Him is your life, your hope and your future. He will be there in the shadow-times, when everything is dark and removed. He will be there as you seek and lean into him. As His son, I know these things to be true. He is right. He won't abandon you or leave you to rot somewhere. No, He loves you like He loves me. He picks you up and and holds you close to His chest and receives you, filling your heart with love where there was once pain, joy where there should be sorrow, and laughter that breaks the well of tears. Jesus is my one, true and only Savior, the one I trust most. Seek Him while He can be found and turn from sin daily. Grab hold of Him with both hands and don't let go! Be His child, and you'll never be alone again.

Do I love Him? With all my heart! He's the reason I can keep going despite my pain and weakness. He gives me joy and hope to walk free of pain one day, in this life or the next. We will make it together. He has promised me that. Hold true to Him, and you'll make it too.

No comments: