Sunday, December 9, 2007

Church Shootings In Arvada and Colorado Springs

Let's see what we know right now.

At 12:30 AM this morning, a person asked for lodging at the YWAM (Youth With A Mission) base in Arvada. This is the same base that my friends went to when I was in high school. This person opened fire on four YWAMers and killed two. One of these two had helped George Morrison of Faith Bible Chapel hang Christmas lights last week. He was obviously up all night with police.

Now, someone has opened fire on people at New Life Church in Colorado Springs, just 60 miles south of Arvada only 12 hours later. Between 3 to 5 people were taken to hospitals there, although they are not sure how many victims were injured.

Are these two shootings related? Exactly 12 hours later, a gunman attacks another Christian group. I don't know, but until they're sure they have all the suspects in custody, I don't feel all that safe right now. I feel like I did on 9-11 and on 4-20-99 (Columbine). I am alert and concerned. Terrorism is aimed at destroying people's sense of security. It works.

I'm going to church next weekend, if only to show these jokers that Christians aren't driven by intimidation or fear.

No comments: