Thursday, December 20, 2007

God Presents His Omnipresence With His Presents

We've been going through some stressful times with regard to our income and what God has planned. In particular, our daughter has been very anxious and pensive over the coming weeks. We've been working with her, but I think God is getting through to her.

This evening, she remarked at dinner about how she would soon be using her Tinkerbell calendar. My son, the football fanatic, said, "Oh man! Now I know what I want: a Broncos calendar!" When I heard that, God directed me to an opportunity that made my heart jump. I went to my hiding place, got something and then returned.

"Remember how we told you how God knows our wants and needs and provides for us? Son, look," and I held up the Broncos calendar. "God was in the future when he saw your request, and He directed me to this calendar last week. Don't you think that if God can do this for a calendar, that he can do it for a mortgage or anything else we need?"

I think that was worth giving a gift a few days early.

1 comment:

The Butlers said...

For the glory of God! Great testimony of God's faithfulness. Thanks for writing it down.