Sunday, December 9, 2007

Church Shootings Update

Still no word on whether the first shooting is related to the second shooting, but the fact that the police haven't said they are ruling that out, combined with a search warrant being executed in Arapahoe (SE Denver area) County, leads me to believe they are working on establishing such a link.

One of the families involved at New Life lost both teenage daughters and the father is still in the hospital. What do you say to a man who saw his two "young flowers" cut down in a hail of bullets? If I were in his shoes, I would be wondering if I did all I could to protect them. I'd be asking God "Why was it my two girls?" I'd mostly be a basketcase, inconsolable and overwhelmed with grief. It's one thing to read a news article, quite another to live through one. My prayers as a dad and husband are for David Works and his family. There is no good answer for why he and his family were struck this way. May God comfort and protect him during this traumatic time.

One positive note is that an armed security volunteer saved lives yesterday. A person who trained and practiced ended up saving lives today and possibly sparing my state a continued killing spree. God bless her for her quick action and bravery.

2 comments:

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

I was personally happy to find out that Jeanne Assam didn't fire the shot that killed Murray. She definitely shot him and stopped his intended massacre, but he shot himself. She doesn't have to bear the actual killing, yet the Lord used her to prevent him from further murder. Praise God! :D

Steve said...

I agree. It's a hard thing to know that your hands have killed someone, no matter how deserving or necessary the killing. I'm glad she's spared that burden.