Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Do We Flail About Or Sit Still?

There's no pretty way to say it, at least not one that comes to mind. The decision went against us.

I know part of me is still in shock. We honestly expected the decision to go our way. Yet here we are. We don't know what to do or where to turn. Somehow, I don't think that's what we need to be doing now. My nature is to jump up, rally the troops and throw everything we've got at survival. My nature is to deny God the chance to do what He wants with me.

If he said, "Go back to work," I wouldn't hesitate. I've asked him to heal me so that I can provide for my family. His answer is no, every time. If anything, my condition has worsened over time. I know and believe God will heal me when He says He will. If that's at the end of this sentence or at the resurrection, I welcome it. Until then, I intend to concentrate on the important things and not chase my tail trying to fix it all. Mary sat at Jesus' feet while He taught, and Martha fumed as she flailed away in the kitchen. I wait on Jesus to tell me His will for the next moment.

Come, Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

Laura Paxton said...

I'm sorry...will be praying for that next step.

Steve said...

Thanks! That's exactly what we need!