Thursday, March 20, 2008

Every Moment Is Beautiful

I have just read the best post I've seen in months, maybe years.

If that didn't get your attention, you're too busy so nevermind. The rest of you need to get a cup of coffee, tea or whatever it is that makes you pause while you drink or eat it. Sit down and read Melissa Wiley's Every Face I Look At Seems Beautiful To Me. It's so good, I italicized it. Finding this gem is the reason I read blogs in the first place. This one challenges me to stop looking forward to things and simply savoring all I can out of the moment I find myself in. Helping our kids nurture their love for learning is more important than deskwork, and Wiley's post reminded me at just the right time.

One more thought to add. My disability helps me see the wisdom of what she said. Often my condition puts whatever goal I had for the day or even the week out of reach for me. It's dumb, really dumb, to get frustrated about it. It doesn't change anything. Instead, I need to focus on enjoying what I can do, even if it's just lying still and breathing in and out for the next hour or two. I'm really grateful for this post.

- s. r. w.

No comments: