Monday, October 1, 2007

What God Calls Progress

Please keep us in prayer. I just found out that my contract with my church to provide online services will not be renewed and that I'm done at the end of the month. We could look at this as another setback, but all day long, I've felt God prompting me to look at this as Him moving me forward. Our idea of progress is linear. We believe that A leads to B and B leads to C, and that C is further along than A, ad infinitum. God's concept of progress can be quite different. The vine thinks how tall or long it grows, that's progress. The husbandman believes in getting each vine to produce closer to its maximum yield. He cares for each vine and helps it produce more fruit. That's progress to Him.

Lord, help us not to lose track of what you see as progress and bountiful harvest. Let us seek to bless others with what you have entrusted to us and not shrink back to conserve what little we have. You can do all things, Father. Nothing is too hard for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These things don't happen by accident and God does have a wonderful plan for you and your family, Steve! This will be a step further down that path.

I am praying for y'all-- for encouragement, wisdom and His bountiful blessings!